Your "About Me" page is one of the most important parts of your website, or blog. This page is where potential clients, website users, and other professional and personal connections go to learn about who you are and what you do. And it's an ideal resource for promoting your professional brand.
It can be challenging to write about yourself. However, the good news is if you follow the formula and tips below, you should be able to generate an engaging ‘About Me’ statement without too much of a struggle.
Your "About Me" page should convey:
- Who you are and what you’re doing
- How you got there
- Where you’re looking to go next
Use this space to describe your credentials, expertise, and goals.
Ask yourself the following questions to help determine what to include based on your target audience.
- What are you currently doing and how did you get there?
- What aspects of your work are you most passionate about?
- What transformations have you had + who are you looking to help?
- Do you have any personal or professional accomplishments?