You are more than just a mom.
You have skills, knowledge, and experience that can be tapped into and used to become an entrepreneur. Don't let anyone tell you (including yourself) that being a stay-at-home mom means you have to give up your dreams of starting your own business or you shouldn't pursue something that sets your heart on fire. With a little creativity and hard work, you can make those dreams a reality!
So, you're a stay-at-home mom and you want to start your own business.
Maybe you've always had the entrepreneurial itch or maybe you've recently been downsized from your corporate job and realized that now is the perfect time to take the plunge. Whatever your reason for wanting to start a business, know that you are not alone. According to a recent report by Forbes, nearly 60% of businesses in the US are started by women! And with the rise of technology and the growing popularity of platforms like Etsy and Shopify, it has never been easier for stay-at-home moms to get their businesses off the ground.
So, what kind of business should you start?
That's a question only you can answer, but here are a few ideas to get your wheels turning:
- Start an online boutique featuring handcrafted items or vintage finds
- Become a virtual assistant, consultant, or social media manager
- Start a blog or YouTube channel dedicated to motherhood, parenting tips, or homemaking hacks (whatever knowledge or skills you have experience in is a good place to start).
- Begin offering freelance writing, editing, or design services (taking my own advice here)
- Open an online store selling products related to your hobbies or interests
- Use your talents as a baker, photographer, or musician to create custom gifts or experiences for others
- Partner with a network marketing company whose products you love and use daily
- Create digital resources that will help your ideal client solve a problem or save time
- Offer your services to help coach, guide, or mentor others in your specific niche
- Tap into affiliate marketing or social selling -- simply share links of items that you love
The possibilities are endless!
And remember, there is no shame in starting small. You can always scale your business up as it grows. The important thing is that you take that first step and begin pursuing your entrepreneurial dream!
So, there you have it! This is your reminder that YOU are more than just a mom - you can be an entrepreneur too! If you have been thinking about starting your own business but haven't taken the leap yet, I hope this post has inspired you to do so. With hard work and dedication, anything is possible! So what are you waiting for? Get out there and make your entrepreneurial dreams come true!
Need help getting unstuck? Want someone to strategize with who will toss around some ideas to get your wheels turning based on your zone of genius?
Click here to Book a FREE 1:1 call with me to see if I can help!